01 Mar Dreamsea Europe packing essentials but also known as Life’s Essentials (based on true experience)
After so many Dreamsea’s camping & glamping, we could say that life has so much in common with packing essentials, and here are our key facts: Less is more. Keep it simple. Keep the essential. Travel light. Can’t be that hard right? Just throw in some clothes and a toothbrush and you’re good to go. Anyway, we also believe that prevention is better than cure, so we will put together a little essential packing list with things you might forget out of excitement for you surf-adventure.
We’ll start with the necessities:
- Sunscreen and after-sun. Even if the sun doesn’t seem to be too strong in spring and in the end of summer, it still is! Especially in the water you won’t even notice how your skin is burning – ouch.
- Our Dreamsea camps are based in a natural environment alongside your fellow surfers, we also have mosquitos and other insects since the nature is their home. Anti-mosquito-spray can come in handy: no one likes those itchy bites.
- Towels. One big towel is more than enough for a Dreamsea stay. For the glampers, we have provide towels for you. And remember to pack a beach towel as well.
- Flashlight. Very useful when you need to go to the toilet at night – you can also use the flash of your phone of course.
- Reusable water bottle. Since you can fill it up in our camp with fresh drinking-water it saves money and also the environment.
- First aid. Of course we hope that you don’t get hurt or become sick during your trip but better be safe than sorry, right? Your kit should contain some band-aids, disinfectant, painkillers and natural medication that you have to take on a regular base. Dreamsea always provide first aids essentials, except the pain killer & medication. Also remember to bring your insurance card in case you need to see a doctor. Surf is an extreme sport we never know what can happen.
- Speaking of being safe than sorry… Bring condoms.
Clothes are often a big topic on vacation. While a lot of stuff depends on your personal style there are definitely a few pieces your wardrobe shouldn’t miss:
- Sweatshirt. Don’t be misguided by the warm temperatures during the day. At night it can still get pretty cold.
- Swimwear. Seems pretty obvious but you can easily forget it when you pack in a rush! Also remember to bring Flip-Flops or similar sandals.
- Once again: sun-protection like sunglasses, hats and/or caps…
- Raincoat and if you want to bring extra prepared an umbrella.
- Old pair of shoes. Actually, optional but we know that you don’t want to ruin your brand new white sneakers with dirty stains.
After all the packing we still have a few things that you can leave at home:
- Your sleeping bag. all our tents are provided with mattresses and comfy bedding.
- High heels. The ground in our camps is made out of sand so you’ll probably lose them after partying…
- Bad vibes. Of course, it’s okay to be in a bad mood from time to time but there’s nothing that a bit of good food and new friends can’t fix 🙂
Finally, as in life, remember when you are packing, life goes on, and new adventures are coming ahead. So leave behind your fears, your negative experiences, ghost from the past, ex-(boy or girl)friend or whatever could weight your suitcase and leave some space to bring new things home.
And now you should be perfectly prepared for your trip to the Dreamsea camps in Europe.
If you want to have a little more information about the caps you should also check out this post: