01 Mar DREAMSEA EUROPE PACKING ESSENTIALS ALSO KNOWN AS LIFE ESSENTIALS
After so many Dreamsea Camping & Glamping-stays we can say that life essentially has a lot in common with packing your suitcase. Here are our key facts: Less is more. Keep it simple but keep the essentials. Travel light.
Can’t be that hard right? Just throw in some clothes, a toothbrush and you’re good to go… Not quite. We do believe that prevention is better than trying to find a cure. This is why we put together a little essential packing list with things you might forget out of excitement for your next surf adventure.
We’ll start with the necessities:
- Sunscreen and after-sun. Even if the sun doesn’t seem to be too strong in spring and at the end of summer, it still is! Especially in the water, you won’t even notice how your skin is burning – ouch.
- Our Dreamsea Surf Camps are based in a natural environment alongside your fellow surfers. That means we also have mosquitos and other insects around since they call nature their home. Anti-mosquito-spray can come in handy: no one likes those itchy bites.
- Towels. One big towel is more than enough for a Dreamsea stay. For the glampers, we’ll provide towels, but you should still remember to pack a beach towel as well.
- Flashlight. Very useful when you need to go to the toilet at night – you can also use the flash of your phone of course.
- Reusable water bottle. Since you can fill it up with fresh drinking water in our Dreamsea Surf Camps you’ll save money and also a part of the environment.
- First aid. We hope that you don’t get hurt or become sick during your trip of course, but better be safe than sorry, right? Your kit should contain some band-aids, disinfectants, painkillers, and medication that you have to take regularly. Dreamsea always provides first aid essentials but no “serious” medication like pain killers, so please keep that in mind.
- Also, remember to bring your insurance card in case you need to see a doctor. Surfing is an extreme sport after all and we never know what can happen.
- Speaking of rather being safe than sorry… Take condoms with you.
Clothes often are a big topic on vacation. While a lot of stuff depends on your personal style there are definitely a few pieces your wardrobe shouldn’t miss:
- Sweatshirt. Don’t be misguided by the warm temperatures during the day. At night it can still get pretty cold.
- Swimwear. Seems pretty obvious but you can easily forget it when you pack in a rush! Also, remember to bring Flip-Flops or similar sandals.
- Once again: sun protection like sunglasses, hats, and/or caps…
- Raincoat. And if you want to be extra prepared, bring an umbrella.
- Old pair of shoes. This is optional but we know that you don’t want to ruin your brand new white sneakers with dirty stains.
After all the packing we still have a few things that you can leave at home:
S leeping bag .All our tents are provided with mattresses and comfy bedding. High heels .The ground in our camps is made out of sand so you’ll probably lose them after partying… Bad vibes .Of course, it’s okay to be in a bad mood from time to time but there’s nothing that a bit of good food and new friends can’t fix 🙂
Finally, as in life, remember when you are packing: Life goes on and new adventures are coming ahead. So leave your fears, negative experiences, ghosts from the past, ex-(boy or girl)friends or whatever could weight your suitcase behind and leave some space to bring new things home.
Now you should be perfectly prepared for your trip to our Dreamsea Surf Camps in Europe.
If you want to have a little more information about the Dreamsea Surf Camps you should check out this post as well: